Possible Editors and/or Commentators
Possible Essay Topics
- Queer text ahead of its time in its portrayal of sex and sexuality
- What do we choose to reproduce and how does construct our sense of history–who is remembered, how and why? Emphasizing race and gender?
- Influential formal technique
- Portrait of suburban, white America in the 50s and 60s
- The effects of the AIDS pandemic on American ar
- Portrait of experimental / avant garde New York City artists in late 60s and 70s
- Memory and the act of remembering
- Examination of American masculinity in the 50s, 60s, and 70s
- Essay that contexutalizes and challenges Brainard’s representation of racism
- Move Padget to foreword
- Facing pages with creative translations, maybe funny?
- Creative endnotes
- Online mock encyclopedia / wikipedia
- A series of essays at the end
- New blurbs for back cover–updated!